* [9fans] plan9 on free.oszoo.org
@ 2006-01-17 19:37 bakul+plan9
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: bakul+plan9 @ 2006-01-17 19:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I have submitted a qemu image built from a fairly recent .iso
from www.tip9ug.jp/mirror for inclusion on the free.oszoo.org
site.  To satisfy the Plan 9 licensing conditions is it
enough to include something like

    Please read the <a href="http://plan9.bell-labs.com/plan9dist/license.html">License</a> before download.

in the comments section?  The comments section is the last
column of the table of various OS images on
http://free.oszoo.org/download.html

Which glenda image should be used in this table to represent
Plan 9?  http://plan9.bell-labs.com/plan9dist/glenda.html has
a number of images.

* Re: [9fans] plan9 on free.oszoo.org
@ 2006-01-17 19:51 ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2006-01-17 19:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> I have submitted a qemu image built from a fairly recent .iso
> from www.tip9ug.jp/mirror for inclusion on the free.oszoo.org
> site.  To satisfy the Plan 9 licensing conditions is it
> enough to include something like
>
>     Please read the <a href="http://plan9.bell-labs.com/plan9dist/license.html">License</a> before download.
>
> in the comments section?

I'd just put the <a>License</a> link with
no surrounding text.  They don't necessarily
have to read it before download.

> Which glenda image should be used in this table to represent
> Plan 9?  http://plan9.bell-labs.com/plan9dist/glenda.html has
> a number of images.

Take your pick.
Russ

* Re: [9fans] plan9 on free.oszoo.org
@ 2006-01-17 20:25 ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2006-01-17 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> Which glenda image should be used in this table to represent
> Plan 9?

this one, definitely:

http://pages.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~mirtchov/lanlp9/images/glendatux.jpg

* Re: [9fans] plan9 on free.oszoo.org
@ 2006-01-17 23:20 ` Marina Brown
From: Marina Brown @ 2006-01-17 23:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

bakul+plan9@BitBlocks.com wrote:

>I have submitted a qemu image built from a fairly recent .iso
>from www.tip9ug.jp/mirror for inclusion on the free.oszoo.org
>site.  To satisfy the Plan 9 licensing conditions is it
>enough to include something like
>
>    Please read the <a href="http://plan9.bell-labs.com/plan9dist/license.html">License</a> before download.
>
>in the comments section?  The comments section is the last
>column of the table of various OS images on
>http://free.oszoo.org/download.html
>
>Which glenda image should be used in this table to represent
>Plan 9?  http://plan9.bell-labs.com/plan9dist/glenda.html has
>a number of images.

Sigh... you beat me to it ;-)

-- Marina Brown

* Re: [9fans] plan9 on free.oszoo.org
@ 2006-01-17 22:21 ` Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2006-01-17 22:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>> http://pages.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~mirtchov/lanlp9/images/glendatux.jpg
>
> If wishes were horses....
> Thank you but I have no desire to tangle with the humorless.
> Somehow Wallace and Gromit comes to mind...

i think spaceglenda is nice. glenda is too plain.
Andrey's glenda needs a lumberjack hat.

* Re: [9fans] plan9 on free.oszoo.org
@ 2006-01-17 21:42   ` Bruce Ellis
From: Bruce Ellis @ 2006-01-17 21:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

indeed.  i've been warned of how cold it is in odessa.
i have my "Arctic Jacket" but it weighs nearly as much as me!

brucee

@ 2006-01-17 21:21 ` Ronald G Minnich
From: Ronald G Minnich @ 2006-01-17 21:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

bakul+plan9@BitBlocks.com wrote:
>>>Which glenda image should be used in this table to represent
>>>Plan 9?
>>
>>this one, definitely:
>>
>>http://pages.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~mirtchov/lanlp9/images/glendatux.jpg
>

> If wishes were horses....
> Thank you but I have no desire to tangle with the humorless.
> Somehow Wallace and Gromit comes to mind...

that's been the one on my door for a few years now. It is really relaxing.

ron

* Re: [9fans] plan9 on free.oszoo.org
@ 2006-01-17 21:00 bakul+plan9
From: bakul+plan9 @ 2006-01-17 21:00 UTC (permalink / raw)