* Re: [9fans] videos of IWP9 talks
@ 2007-12-13  1:45 Joshua Wood
From: Joshua Wood @ 2007-12-13  1:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans; +Cc: mirtchovski

With Andrey's kind permission, I've mirrored his (and Lucho's) IWP9
videos at http://molokai.utopian.net/plan9/IWP9/.

Many thanks to them both for recording and rendering.

--
Josh

* Re: [9fans] videos of IWP9 talks
@ 2007-12-13  5:11 ` ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2007-12-13  5:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs; +Cc: mirtchovski

It's just a shame about the video camera failure during Lucho's very
fine talk :-)

ron

* Re: [9fans] videos of IWP9 talks
@ 2007-12-13  5:33   ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2007-12-13  5:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ron minnich; +Cc: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

also, i'd like to have a word with Mr. Van Hensbergen after class,
regarding Bulgarians and font sizes ;)

oh, it's all there :P

@ 2007-12-13  6:46 ` Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2007-12-13  6:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

any pointers to the paper or slides for Russ' talk?

* Re: [9fans] videos of IWP9 talks
@ 2007-12-13  6:53   ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2007-12-13  6:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

http://swtch.com/~rsc/talks/

@ 2007-12-13 14:45     ` Eric Van Hensbergen
From: Eric Van Hensbergen @ 2007-12-13 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Dec 12, 2007 11:33 PM, andrey mirtchovski <mirtchovski@gmail.com> wrote:
> also, i'd like to have a word with Mr. Van Hensbergen after class,
> regarding Bulgarians and font sizes ;)
>
> oh, it's all there :P

Hey - it was Chuckie that made the original crack.

       -eric

* Re: [9fans] videos of IWP9 talks
@ 2007-12-13 19:04       ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2007-12-13 19:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Everything is now there, please update your mirrors :)

New videos: Acid Trips, Van Hensbergen, Guardiola, Nichols, Quanstrom

We apologize if your talk is missing or incomplete.

Sincerely: Ensign Ricky

* Re: [9fans] videos of IWP9 talks
@ 2007-12-14  3:21 josh
From: josh @ 2007-12-14  3:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

The mirror I linked above now has today's additons.

--
Josh

* Re: [9fans] videos of IWP9 talks
@ 2007-12-12 18:15   ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2007-12-12 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

New videos have been uploaded. Including the keynote speaker :)

Still working on Acid Trips and Van Hensbergen's talk.

New talks:

Cox, Evans, Ganti, Ritchie and the THNX tutorial.

* Re: [9fans] videos of IWP9 talks
@ 2007-12-12  4:52 ` Anant Narayanan
From: Anant Narayanan @ 2007-12-12  4:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> Lucho and I are slowly going through encoding the videos of the IWP9
> talks for those who weren't there. To ease the downloading pain we
> will announce the ones we've already completed for your viewing
> pleasure, and will let you know when we've added more.

Thank you! These will be very useful :)

--
Anant

* Re: [9fans] videos of IWP9 talks
@ 2007-12-12  1:49         ` Pietro Gagliardi
From: Pietro Gagliardi @ 2007-12-12  1:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Which version of iMovie? I have HD 6 on my OS X (I'm running Plan 9
on QEMU). HD 6 multitasks in full - Apple probably removed that
feature in iMovie '08 :-)

I've been confused by how to use both acid and db to debug my hoc
(which uses global and local variables that I need to monitor), so I
was hoping ACID TRIPS would help.

@ 2007-12-12  1:46         ` Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2007-12-12  1:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> once again, sorry about the inconvenience.

not at all. it's very interesting if you focus on just watching Eric's right hand :)

* Re: [9fans] videos of IWP9 talks
@ 2007-12-12  1:36       ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2007-12-12  1:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

@ 2007-12-12  1:33     ` Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2007-12-12  1:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2007-12-12  0:22   ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2007-12-12  0:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

@ 2007-12-12  0:05 ` Pietro Gagliardi
From: Pietro Gagliardi @ 2007-12-12  0:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

No sound in ACID TRIPS.

@ 2007-12-11 23:47 ` Tim Wiess
From: Tim Wiess @ 2007-12-11 23:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Andrey,
thanks a lot for helping to put those together.

tim

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 4345 bytes --]

From: "andrey mirtchovski" <mirtchovski@gmail.com>
To: "Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs" <9fans@cse.psu.edu>
Subject: [9fans] videos of IWP9 talks
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 16:29:55 -0700

[...]