* [9fans] disabling the cursor
@ 2002-11-29 17:08 paurea
From: paurea @ 2002-11-29 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rsc, 9fans

I have noticed that some vgas like SuperSavage and Mach64 vga cards don't disable
the cursor when they turn off. The fix is simple, adding
if(blank)
	curdisable(scr)
else
	curenable(scr)

in sisblank. This will stop showing the cursor while the screen is off.
HTH

										Saludos,
												Gorka

* Re: [9fans] disabling the cursor
@ 2002-12-02 11:28 ` paurea
From: paurea @ 2002-12-02 11:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I have a machine here. I haven't installed it, but vgactl says it has
a mach64xx and isn't using hw blanking. In it the hw cursor keeps
showing even though the screen is blank. (the monitor is a CRT). I
have seen it before in a SuperSavage (LCD panel), don't know in which
conditions, and other machines.
--
                 Saludos,
                         Gorka

"Curiosity sKilled the cat"

* Re: [9fans] disabling the cursor
@ 2002-12-02 13:16 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-12-02 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I have a machine here. I haven't installed it, but vgactl says it has
> a mach64xx and isn't using hw blanking. In it the hw cursor keeps
> showing even though the screen is blank. (the monitor is a CRT). I
> have seen it before in a SuperSavage (LCD panel), don't know in which
> conditions, and other machines.

Right, if the card isn't using hw blanking, then the
cursor will remain on the screen.  We actually thought
that was nice, when it happened, because it was a good
indicator that the monitor wasn't really off.

If you want to turn the cursor off, the right place to
do it is /sys/src/9/port/devdraw.c:/^drawblankscreen,
rather than in the various VGA drivers.

Russ