From: "ibrahim via 9fans" <9fans@9fans.net>
To: 9fans <9fans@9fans.net>
Subject: Re: [9fans] suggestion : new service targets for plan9
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 06:49:31 -0500	[thread overview]

On Friday, 28 January 2022, at 8:53 AM, vic.thacker wrote:
> Hmm. Have you considered using Inferno?

I gave it a try long ago but I don't want to use it. The reason is the involvement of limbo. I prefer system code to be written in a language that I'm using now for decades and where I can change even the compiler for my needs. I wouldn't use the first releases of plan9 either due to the same reason (alef).

Another reason why I prefer legacy9 or 9front is the evolving codebase. Both projects are active and the more people share the code the more bugs get explored.

The ideas behind inferno are compatible to mine but I prefer an active project as the shared basement for enhancements of a system.

But thanks for this hint, cause my suggestions are already integrated in inferno and if I would only need an existing solution using inferno would make sense.