* [9fans] USB keyboard error
@ 2008-07-13  4:48 Matt Adams
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Matt Adams @ 2008-07-13  4:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Folks:

I have recently installed Plan 9 on a Dell Optiplex GX200.  So far
everything seems to be working.  This is my first foray into Plan 9 from
many years with Linux & BSD and I am already very excited... it's almost
like having a new child!

This computer is attached to a KVM that includes USB keyboard & mouse
via a single USB attachment to the Dell (the KVM is a USB hub,
obviously).

The mouse seems to work just fine but when I'm in rio and hit a key on
the USB keyboard I get the following error:

usb/kb: /dev/kbin: unknown device in # filename

Would someone be able to decipher this for me?  Is there something I can
do with this information to get my USB keyboard to work?  I'm not afraid
of a little poking around provided someone can point me in the right
direction (I've read other messages on the mailing list archives that
indicate that USB keyboard support is somewhat spotty).

I get the same error regardless of whether USB Emulation is enabled in
the BIOS.

Thanks in advance,

Matt