* Re: [9fans] ttf2subf (again)
@ 2003-08-13  1:12 YAMANASHI Takeshi
From: YAMANASHI Takeshi @ 2003-08-13  1:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> My aim is to produce a scalable font server.

I'm interested in the implementation of the server.

I kind of feel implement it as a file server
sits on somewhere like /lib/font/bit/ttf.  When a
certain font like /lib/font/bit/ttf/R.7.1 is requested
to be open(2)ed and doesn't exist, the server creates
it using ttf2subf and returns the resulted bit map font.

The beauty of Plan 9 file server.
--
YAMANASHI Takeshi

* [9fans] ttf2subf (again)
@ 2003-08-27  3:16 Joel Salomon
From: Joel Salomon @ 2003-08-27  3:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Charles Forsyth wrote:

>>yes, we are aware of the fact that Charles Forsyth has done ttf2subf long
>>time ago, but that code never made it out and we have no idea whether it
>>did antialiased fonts (reasonable assumption is that it did)...
>i gave it to several people; i don't know what happened to it then.

If you mean you lost the code, I still have the tarball you sent me
(including the freetype port) saved somewhere. I tried it on the
Code2000/Code2001 fonts (trying to extract the elvish glyphs :-) but never
got it to work. Anyway, I have the freetype port by Forsyth and can mail
it out if anyone needs it.

--Joel

* Re: [9fans] ttf2subf (again)
@ 2003-08-15  3:03 YAMANASHI Takeshi
From: YAMANASHI Takeshi @ 2003-08-15  3:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I've done something about the ttf font server.

The idea is to generate a requested font
(ex. /lib/font/bit/ttf/luxirr.20.font) automatically
using coresponding ttf font (ex. /lib/font/ttf/luxirr.ttf).

Source files
http://p9c.cc.titech.ac.jp/plan9/fontfs.tgz

Comments
http://p9c.cc.titech.ac.jp/plan9/fontfs.html
--
YAMANAHSHI Takeshi

* [9fans] ttf2subf (again)
@ 2003-08-12 16:13 andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2003-08-12 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Luchezar Ionkov has ported freetype to plan9 and has a working ttf2subf
conversion utility. The end result is that we now have antialiased fonts in
Plan 9.

download the utility and some pre-converted fonts (under the XFree86
license) here:

	http://pages.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~mirtchov/p9/freetype/

also available are screenshots at the bottom of the page. i've put a gif of
one of the screenshots, in case you're unable to view the png's under
Plan 9 (png(1) is buggy):

	http://pages.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~mirtchov/p9/freetype/cyber.gif

yes, we are aware of the fact that Charles Forsyth has done ttf2subf long
time ago, but that code never made it out and we have no idea whether it
did antialiased fonts (reasonable assumption is that it did)...

andrey