* [9fans] troff/groff/ms2html
@ 2002-08-12  2:19 Russell Davies
From: Russell Davies @ 2002-08-12  2:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I posted to this list a while ago about a unix port of plan9's ms2html
program, someone suggested simply using groff -Thtml, but I have found
this to be mostly inadequate -- it doesn't correctly render tbl or
pic objects. I'm guessing that troff was overhauled for plan9, since
there are some new macros (.P1, .P2) however, can any one suggest a
unix method for generating decent html from troff (ms) ?

thanks,
	Russell.

* Re: [9fans] troff/groff/ms2html
@ 2002-08-12 12:39 ` Ralph Corderoy
From: Ralph Corderoy @ 2002-08-12 12:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi Russell,

> someone suggested simply using groff -Thtml, but I have found this to
> be mostly inadequate -- it doesn't correctly render tbl or pic
> objects.

That area of groff is still under development.  Unless you used a
cutting edge version, e.g. CVS, it could be worth trying again.  If you
have a specific example, the groff@ffii.org list would be a good place
to go.

Cheers,

Ralph.

* Re: [9fans] troff/groff/ms2html
@ 2002-08-12  2:33 rob pike, esq.
From: rob pike, esq. @ 2002-08-12  2:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

We did little to troff. The macros got a little work but nothing serious.
Other than supporting UTF-8, it's pretty much the way it was a long
long time ago, at least in terms of functionality.

Ms2html can't be hard to port, but whether it produces 'decent' html
is a judgment you'll have to make yourself.

-rob

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1870 bytes --]