* Re: [9fans] symbol in the end of each line
@ 2002-06-02 16:00 rob pike, esq.
From: rob pike, esq. @ 2002-06-02 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

It's probably a carriage return.  Snarf it and give it as
an argument to unicode(1) to see what the hex value is.

-rob

* Re: [9fans] symbol in the end of each line
@ 2002-06-02 19:59 ` Andrey S. Kukhar
From: Andrey S. Kukhar @ 2002-06-02 19:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> It's probably a carriage return.  Snarf it and give it as
> an argument to unicode(1) to see what the hex value is.
>
> -rob

Yes, this is a carriage return. It is seen when I looking files on the dos
file system. Hex value of the symbol is `000d'.

--
regards,
-ask

* Re: [9fans] symbol in the end of each line
@ 2002-06-02 21:27 rob pike, esq.
From: rob pike, esq. @ 2002-06-02 21:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>> It's probably a carriage return.  Snarf it and give it as
> Yes, this is a carriage return. It is seen when I looking files on the dos
> file system. Hex value of the symbol is `000d'.

You're seeing them because they exist.  Files on DOS have carriage returns.

-rob

* Re: [9fans] symbol in the end of each line
@ 2002-06-02 15:49 anothy
From: anothy @ 2002-06-02 15:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

can you describe the symbol? i think you may be talking about
carriage return. are you looking at files on a dos file
system (like in 9fat, or on the install floppy)? dos (and
derivatives) use a carriage return and line feed at the end
of each line; in plan 9 (and unix, depending on your editor)
only a line feed is needed, so the carriage return becomes a
printable character (a diaganal "CR" in most plan 9 fonts,
or a "^M" in most unix editors).

of course, if you're not talking about carriage return, just
ignore all that. what's the character look like?
ア

* [9fans] symbol in the end of each line
@ 2002-06-02 11:10 Andrey S. Kukhar
From: Andrey S. Kukhar @ 2002-06-02 11:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello, friends
Beginner question: how to make that some incomprehensible symbol in
the end of each line (when viewing text documents) not there was is seen.

--
regards,
-ask