* [9fans] current python & hg support
@ 2012-02-10  2:06 Jeff Sickel
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Jeff Sickel @ 2012-02-10  2:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs, nix-dev

A quick question for everyone, is there interest in getting a more current version of hg working for Plan 9 & NIX?  If so, given I've spent way too much time in the past getting both working for other platforms, I could devote a little time to get both prepped for future work.

Python 2.5.1 is stable, but it wouldn't hurt us to be a little closer to the 2.7.1 release.
Hg has made significant strides since 1.0.2.

Neither of these updates might help the oddities people are finding while using Hg, but if we're looking forward then keeping current should be addressed.

-jas