From: Brantley Coile <brantleycoile@me.com>
To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@9fans.net>
Subject: Re: [9fans] What does your fileserver consist of?
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 14:26:47 -0400	[thread overview]

SouthSuite’s production stack, plus a little.

The top box, “wrens”, is a diskless file server, work done by the Great Quanstro. It’s Ken’s file server that uses ATA-over-Ethernet for its storage. The bottom of the picture are two SRX storage shelves, “300” and “200”, that are mirrors of each other. The machine “dmr” is our auth server, and “research” is our CPU server. Eric’s 9atom setup is mixed in there as well.

They will pry IL out of my cold, dead fingers.

Obviously this was all constructed, for the most part, out of old Coraid SRX junk that was laying around. Dmr was the first equipment purchased for SouthSuite proper.