* [9fans] Plan9 ports on cygwin
@ 2003-10-22 16:18 Joel Salomon
From: Joel Salomon @ 2003-10-22 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I got another chance to experiment, so:
* as far as the #ifdefs are concerned, I copied whatever was under
    #if defined(__FreeBSD__)
    #if defined(__CYGWIN__)

* gnu ld seems not to find the various libs needed to link executables
(libposix, etc.). Replace calls to ld with calls to gcc - *it* knows where
to find everything.

* at this point there are complaints (when linking tprimes) about
undefined reference to `__setlabel' and also to `__getlabel'. Apparently
the extra underscore isn't added by gas, so I added them (in lib*/*.s -
they're needed everywhere).

* when compiling lib9:
    cc await.c
    await.c: In function `await':
    await.c:99: warning: implicit declaration of function `WCOREDUMP'
and linking of the test programs in src/libthread all fail with this
missing function. Does anyone have a work-around for this?

BTW, is anything happening on the libdraw/windows front?

--Joel

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-10-22 16:18 UTC | newest]