* 4disk set
@ 1997-06-02 16:59 Gergely
From: Gergely @ 1997-06-02 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

 probably most of you have already seen a couple of messages like this,
 here is yet another one:

 the latest 4 disk set won't install. (I am not good enough, again)

 pc: i386 i387, 43Mb ide disk, 8 mb ram, 3.5" floppy drive, vga monitor
     84 key AT keyboard.

 (CHS 667/4/33, plan9 says I have a 61Mhz 386 cpu. wow)

 there is one 20.02 Mb primary partition, formatted to dos, the rest of
the disk is not allocated.

 there are some bad blocks on the hard drive, but everything else seems to
be ok.  (could this be a problem, or can plan9 deal with bad sectors?)

 results:

 After booting plan9 from the floppy, the install program tries to access
the hard drive (/dev/hd0), but it fails with
read /dev/hd0disk: i/o error

 Tried to set up other IRQ/port numbers, but I don't know where to get the
right ones.

 After setting up some random irq/port numbers, the install program
complains, that there is already a plan9 system installed on \plan9.
 There is _NO_ \plan9 on my primary dos partition.

 Anyway I choose File system install.
 The install program then complains, that it can't find
/n/c/plan9/plan9.ini
 Problem accesing file
 errstr: file not found

 or if I tried to remove the non-existing file system, before file system
install, after that, it starts to install but when it tries to access
/n/c/plan9/9dos then it fails, and for all the other files as well.

 just another curiosity: the cursor keys don't work under the install
program. (they are ok under dos)

  thank you for _any_ help:  Gergely Fodemesi

only message in thread, other threads:[~1997-06-02 16:59 UTC | newest]