* rc question
@ 1997-07-08 18:30 beto
From: beto @ 1997-07-08 18:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

What should be the correct output for this rc fragment?

{
cat <<EOF
hi there
EOF
}

I'm getting

hi: file does not exist
EOF: file does not exist

Is there a fix for this in the ftp site?

* rc question
@ 1997-07-08 19:10 howard
From: howard @ 1997-07-08 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

'here' documents in nested rc constructs have to
come after the nest.

i.e., change

> {
> cat <<EOF
> hi there
> EOF
> }

{
cat <<EOF
}
hi there
EOF

* rc question
@ 1997-07-08 19:06 Lucio
From: Lucio @ 1997-07-08 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Hi,
>
> What should be the correct output for this rc fragment?
>
> {
> cat <<EOF
> hi there
> EOF
> }
>
> I'm getting
>
> hi: file does not exist
> EOF: file does not exist
>
> Is there a fix for this in the ftp site?

I have to enter a Ctrl-D after the closing brace before rc actually
registers.  Might be significant.
--
Lucio de Re (lucio@proxima.alt.za)
Disclaimer: I'm working at getting my opinions to agree with me.

* rc question
@ 1997-07-08 19:03 Scott
From: Scott @ 1997-07-08 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

beto@ncube.com writes:
| Is there a fix for this in the ftp site?

Byron's version prints the right thing.  We could port that to Plan 9. :-)