* [9fans] 1600x1200x8
@ 1997-08-19  1:00 beto
From: beto @ 1997-08-19  1:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I just got a 1600x1200x8 monitor and my
video card (mach64) and aux/vga do not
get together well :-(.

Which video card has been proved with 1600x1200x8
monitors?

Thanks

* [9fans] 1600x1200x8
@ 1997-08-20  2:54 Brandon
From: Brandon @ 1997-08-20  2:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

I bet you can still find the 9FX Motion 771.  I just bought mine around
March or so at CompUSA or some other generic place like that.  They're
really nice cards all in all...

Brandon

On Mon, 18 Aug 1997 jmk@plan9.bell-labs.com wrote:

> 	Which video card has been proved with 1600x1200x8
> 	monitors?
>
> The following PCI cards should be in the aux/vga you have, they all use the
> IBM RGB524 RAMDAC
> 	STB Velocity 64 Video
> 	#9FX Motion 771
> 	Stealth 64 Video 3000
> as is the VLB card
> 	#9GXE Level-16
> Unfortunately, it's not likely any of these are made any more.
>
> I recently did support for cards with the S3 ViRGE series chips. Anything with
> a ViRGE/VX will do 1600x1200x8, such as the
> 	Diamond Stealth 3D 3000
> 	STB Velocity 3D
> I have a Viewsonic P815 monitor which will do 1800x1440x8 and these cards should be
> able to do that too, but there's some wraparound problem if you take them over 1600x1200
> which I don't understand (unless the chips just don't allow it).
>
> I suppose I could do a boddle for the current aux/vga, but I've no way to test
> operation on Plan9 or many of the older cards at all.

* [9fans] 1600x1200x8
@ 1997-08-19  4:17 jmk
From: jmk @ 1997-08-19  4:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

i've put up a boddle on the web site. no guarantees.
remember to change the error file name in mkfile.
the latest item to do with the cirrus chips is unfinished.

* [9fans] 1600x1200x8
@ 1997-08-19  3:20 jmk