* [9fans] 9fans archives?
@ 1997-08-28 20:16 David
From: David @ 1997-08-28 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Any possibility of making the 9fans archives after 1994 available
for anonymous ftp?  Accessing all them files by mailing requests
is really ugly.

There used to be a WWW/hypermail(?) interface to (a subset of) the
archives... what happened to this?

Finally, if anyone has a copy of Rob's editor joke (which I believe
was posted to the list some time ago) I would appreciate a copy.

* [9fans] 9fans archives?
@ 1997-08-28 21:18 Markus
From: Markus @ 1997-08-28 21:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

> There used to be a WWW/hypermail(?) interface to (a subset of) the
> archives... what happened to this?
It used to be at http://plan9.wtf.nyc.ny.us/ but the plan9
pages are gone.

> Finally, if anyone has a copy of Rob's editor joke (which I believe
> was posted to the list some time ago) I would appreciate a copy.

From:	rob@research.att.com
Date:	Tue, 29 Jun 1993 15:20:32 -0400
To:	sam-fans@hawkwind.utcs.toronto.edu

here's my opening joke from the editor panel, which i made up in real time
as i approached the podium, upon realizing i didn't have an opening joke.

three programmers go into a bar.

the sam user is there because he's finished the day's work and wants to relax.
the vi user is there because he's going to be working all night and needs a break.
the emacs user is there because there's nothing else he can do: both his hands
are in splints because of carpal tunnel syndrome.

* [9fans] 9fans archives?
@ 1997-08-28 20:59 Scott
From: Scott @ 1997-08-28 20:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Hogan <dhog@lore.plan9.cs.su.oz.au> writes:
| Any possibility of making the 9fans archives after 1994 available
| for anonymous ftp?  Accessing all them files by mailing requests
| is really ugly.

The problem is that majordomo dumps the archives in some secret place
known only to itself.  Straightening that out requires negotiating with
the local sysadmins.  I'll talk to them about it and report back.