* [9fans] Re: keyboards
@ 1997-09-11  7:52 Steve_Kilbane
From: Steve_Kilbane @ 1997-09-11  7:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm vaguely happy with my Sun type4 keyboard, big as it is, but I
suspect that is just me subconciously being grateful for not getting
a type5 with the PC layout....

Two interesting layouts in other arenas: my Psion 5 has a fairly nice
keyboard in terms of travel and feel, but the placement of punctuation,
etc. is bizarre at best, to fit all the symbols onto a smaller number
of keys. It's a nice piece of hardware, though. I wonder how well it'll
run Inferno. :-) The most extreme layout I've seen was a point-of-sale
jobbie at Argos (UK catalogue store). Since they handle wedding lists
now, they type in the name of the buyer of presents, and to do this,
they've scattered letters across the custom-layout of usual till functions,
possibly completely at random.

only message in thread, other threads:[~1997-09-11  7:52 UTC | newest]