* [9fans] adding a roallow to the plan9 file server
@ 1997-09-16 17:20 G.David
From: G.David @ 1997-09-16 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Like duallow, I am adding a roallow to the file server commands.
The primary reason for this is to allow the file server to be
backed up.  (For those of us without a WORM.)

It will have the same command interface as duallow and will
require a small change in iaccess() to allow read access to
everything.

While the user is in this "god" mode, should the user have
normal access to the file server?  I am thinking no.  This
will keep from running the server is this mode all the time.

Comments, please.

David Butler
gdb@dbSystems.com

only message in thread, other threads:[~1997-09-16 17:20 UTC | newest]