* [9fans] Comprehensive list of supported x86 motherboards?
@ 1997-09-22  6:15 Brandon
From: Brandon @ 1997-09-22  6:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've successfully (sp?) used the AMD 5x86-133 (which, despite the name,
are really a 486 clone on coke or something) as a Plan 9 termina, file
server and CPU server, with no hacks, no updates anmd no problems.  It
identifies as a 486-133 with most OS's, including Plan 9.

Brandon

@ 1997-09-20  6:57 forsyth
From: forsyth @ 1997-09-20  6:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 1997-09-19 21:45 Fariborz
From: Fariborz @ 1997-09-19 21:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've checked the FAQ. Anyone have a more complete list of supported Pentium
motherboards? Any recommendations on the motherboards?

* [9fans] Comprehensive list of supported x86 motherboards?
@ 1997-09-19 20:29 forsyth
From: forsyth @ 1997-09-19 20:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

after installing the pc-specific changes from plan9.bell-labs.com
(plan9/update), i've had no trouble with any of the Pentium motherboards
i've tried, including Gigabyte, ASUStek, and the ubiquitous NoName.
perhaps it is no longer worthwhile making a list, except of boards that do NOT work.
i've also had no trouble with Cyrix x86, or AMD K5 and K6.  i'm happy with my
K6-based terminal.