* [9fans] instalation
@ 1997-10-01 14:16 rsc
From: rsc @ 1997-10-01 14:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

It uses the "authid" and password that you provided
it with when you first booted it.  If these aren't
correct anymore, I usually just corrupt the NVRAM
(echo hello world >'#w0/sd0nvram' or whatever the file is)
and then the next time it boots, it asks for password,
then authid, then authdom.  Presumably this works for
non PCs as well, but I've only done it on PCs.

Russ

--- forwarded message follows ---
 From cse.psu.edu!owner-9fans Wed Oct  1 10:13:08 EDT 1997

I have a question: does anyone know what username the CPU server
uses when it tries to log onto the file server for the first time?
I keep getting an "unknown user" when I try and boot the CPU server
and it panics and dies.  I never actually enter a username, and I've
tried the machine name, name+domain, and ipaddr.  Any clues?

-Dave

* [9fans] instalation
@ 1997-10-01 13:57 Dave