* [9fans] can't install plan9 on scsi only machine
@ 1997-11-01 21:11 Thomas
From: Thomas @ 1997-11-01 21:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Using the method prescribed for scsi-only machines the first (copied) disk
was installed in a plan9 directory.
After rebooting, I executed 'b' in the plan9 directory. The scsi disk
parameters were given but the 'Boot devices:' list was empty.
I provided 'sd!0!/plan9/9dos' in response to 'boot from:' and got 'boot from:'.

I suppose something didn't get written by the first disk.

Any thoughts much appreciated.

* [9fans] can't install plan9 on scsi only machine
@ 1997-11-02  1:27 rsc
From: rsc @ 1997-11-02  1:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is your SCSI card operating on the
default port?  If you want to boot from a kernel
residing on your SCSI disk and your controller is
not on the default port, you'll need to either boot
a kernel on a floppy or change b.com.

I think the copy of b.com on plan9.bell-labs.com
in /plan9/update/boot/pc/b.com accepts an option
"-scsi0=0xport" to set it to something other
than the default.

Russ

* [9fans] can't install plan9 on scsi only machine
@ 1997-11-01 22:27 Thomas
From: Thomas @ 1997-11-01 22:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

--=====================_878423220==_

At 01:27 AM 11/2/97 +0000, you wrote:
>Is your SCSI card operating on the
>default port?  If you want to boot from a kernel
>residing on your SCSI disk and your controller is
>not on the default port, you'll need to either boot
>a kernel on a floppy or change b.com.
>
>I think the copy of b.com on plan9.bell-labs.com
>in /plan9/update/boot/pc/b.com accepts an option
>"-scsi0=0xport" to set it to something other
>than the default.
>
>Russ

The scsi port and irq are the default values. Please see attached  plan9.in_.
The scsi card works  as a cdrom interface on another, ide, machine using the
same port and irq.

--=====================_878423220==_

ether0=type=NE2000 port=0x300 irq=10
mouseport=0