* [9fans] video card
@ 1997-11-13  1:31 Kenji
From: Kenji @ 1997-11-13  1:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Welcome to a source distributed, buyer supported book,

Yes, the way of getting Plan 9 from japan has become much easier
these days.   My friend bought it from mail-order book store on
the internet.   This may imply Plan 9 got a chance to be spreaded
more widely in Japan...

Kenji

* [9fans] Video card
@ 2003-07-10  4:44 Gregory Gorsuch
From: Gregory Gorsuch @ 2003-07-10  4:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I have a video card that sounds the same as your your s3 vision 968
(IABE3) except that it says made in japan and has a single Stealth 64
video VRAM 1995 Diamond 2.07 RAM on it (I have no clue how much RAM). I am
trying to get it working in Linux but have had not luck. I saw your
posting somewhere on the web and wondered if you had any information about
getting this card working.

Thanks.

Greg

* [9fans] video card
@ 1997-11-12 14:03 Steve
From: Steve @ 1997-11-12 14:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

FRANKLIN ROBERT ARAUJO FRANCA wrote:
> What video card may I buy for use high resolutions?

see the Plan 9 faq, at http://www.ecf.toronto.edu/plan9/plan9faq.html#vga

* [9fans] video card
@ 1997-11-12 12:14 FRANKLIN
From: FRANKLIN @ 1997-11-12 12:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

	OK Butler, thanks for your information. What video card may I buy for use high resolutions?

	Thanks.

Franklin.

* [9fans] video card
@ 1997-11-12  2:41 G.David
From: G.David @ 1997-11-12  2:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

From: FRANKLIN ROBERT ARAUJO FRANCA <973930@dcc.unicamp.br>
>I bought a video card: Trident 9680 P with 2 MB.

>How may I proceed to get high resolutions?

Not to sound too much like a smart *ss... :-)

Buy a card that Plan9 supports or write a driver for
the one you like.

Welcome to a source distributed, buyer supported book,
err operating system.

David Butler
gdb@dbSystems.com

* [9fans] video card
@ 1997-11-11 18:02 FRANKLIN
From: FRANKLIN @ 1997-11-11 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

I bought a video card: Trident 9680 P with 2 MB. In Plan 9 I can use only resolution of 640X480X1. This card has the following features:
	64-bit GUI  and Video Acceleration Hardware
	High Resolution True Color Display
	VESA SuperVGA BIOS Extension in ROM
	PCI Local Bus Plug and Play suport
	Windows 95 PnP and DirectX Support