* [9fans] Re: 4 floppy install
@ 1997-11-25 20:56 jim
From: jim @ 1997-11-25 20:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

   Tried Plan9 on my IBM Aptiva M71, 32M, IBM 1.7G & Maxtor 1.6G LBA
   IDE. Got the following message after login as none:

   /bin/dossrv 20: serving #s/dos
   panic: cdra write 16382 to 16384

   I cleared a partition at the end of the IBM 1.7G, should the install
   have created an fdisk visible partition of its own? Or do you have to
   provide one?

i think you mean
					panic("crda write %d to %d\n", crda, to);
from the ne2000 driver.

1) make sure you are using the updated floppies from the ftp site;
2) edit your plan9.ini to add the word 'nodummyrr' to the line for
   the ne2000.

this was an option added after the distribution was made to try to
cope with some ne2000 almost-clones. good luck.

--jim

only message in thread, other threads:[~1997-11-25 20:56 UTC | newest]