* [9fans] Re: fcall in your kernel
@ 1997-12-12  0:02 G.David
From: G.David @ 1997-12-12  0:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

From: Ed Wishart <ed@cs.unr.edu>

>Help.  I installed your PC distribution on my home PC and tried
>9fs to campus unix systems and get the error:

>srv: push fcall illegal line discipline

Yeah, I know...  I need to put fcall in the terminal kernel on
the floppies.  Here I use the cpu servers to talk 9p/tcp.

I have put a new set up that has fcall included.  Get it from
ftp://ftp.dbSystems.com/pub/PLAN9/pcdist.

[snip]

>                                                   Got the 4 diskette
>set from bell-labs with sept 97 date, and find that disk 2 will not
>unpack.  It kept hanging with ``Unpacking archive'' or equivalent
>on the screen.

Someone at bell labs, err, lucent want to fix this?

David Butler
gdb@dbSystems.com

* [9fans] Re: fcall in your kernel
@ 1997-12-12  9:10 Boyd
From: Boyd @ 1997-12-12  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

    >                                                   Got the 4 diskette
    >set from bell-labs with sept 97 date, and find that disk 2 will not
    >unpack.  It kept hanging with ``Unpacking archive'' or equivalent
    >on the screen.

isn't that symptomatic of the vdexpand pipeline eating all the ram?
it bit me when i had some marginal configuration.  i pulled the script
apart and ran it by hand using temporary files.  not pretty, but it worked.

* [9fans] Re: fcall in your kernel
@ 1997-12-12  0:45 jim
From: jim @ 1997-12-12  0:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

	>                                                   Got the 4 diskette
	>set from bell-labs with sept 97 date, and find that disk 2 will not
	>unpack.  It kept hanging with ``Unpacking archive'' or equivalent
	>on the screen.

The disk[234].vd files on plan9.bell-labs.com are dated Feb-02-97 and have not
changed since Nov-14-95. The disk1 image was updated on Oct-16-97. Where did the
Sep-27 date come from?

It's possible the changes to disk1 have introduced a problem, what's the hardware
configuration?