* [9fans] trio64v+
@ 1997-12-30 13:20 miller
From: miller @ 1997-12-30 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

jmk@plan9.bell-labs.com says:

> there are a number of bugs in the trio64v+, none of which are covered by
> the plan9 code. since i don't have a card with the trio64v+ i can't verify
> if any of them need to be worked on for correct plan9 operation.

I have used a Trio64V+ card with no problems (using aux/vga as updated by
871963795.rc).  With monitor=multisync135, it is possible to use all the
8-bit resolutions in /lib/vgadb, and all the 1-bit resolutions up to
1024x768.

-- Richard Miller

* [9fans] trio64v+
@ 1998-01-05  1:31 Kenji
From: Kenji @ 1998-01-05  1:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello 9fans!

I wrote:
>However my display does not show any graphic data.
>My configuration must be in fail.
>I have expected trio64v+ is upward compatible to trio64,
>but I don't know if it is really so or not.

Trio64v+ works!
I have been confused. My aux/vga was an old one.
After replacing new one, trio64v+ successfully worked.
Thanks.

Kenji Arisawa
E-mail: arisawa@aichi-u.ac.jp

* [9fans] trio64v+
@ 1998-01-03 14:56 Kenji
From: Kenji @ 1998-01-03 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello 9fans!

Richard Miller says:
>I have used a Trio64V+ card with no problems (using aux/vga as updated by
>871963795.rc).  With monitor=multisync135, it is possible to use all the
>8-bit resolutions in /lib/vgadb, and all the 1-bit resolutions up to
>1024x768.

That nice news for me.
Please let me know your /lib/vgadb.
I will happy.

Kenji Arisawa
E-mail: arisawa@aichi-u.ac.jp

* [9fans] trio64v+
@ 1997-12-24 21:50 jim
From: jim @ 1997-12-24 21:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

there are a number of bugs in the trio64v+, none of which are covered by
the plan9 code. since i don't have a card with the trio64v+ i can't verify
if any of them need to be worked on for correct plan9 operation.

one thing to try is to bring the system up in cga mode then try different
resolutions by hand. i don't know which resolutions you've tried, but sometimes
the x8 resolutions will work when the x1 won't.

--jim

* [9fans] trio64v+
@ 1997-12-23 10:01 Kenji
From: Kenji @ 1997-12-23 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello 9fans!

Recently I bought a motherboard.
Now I am trying to install plan9.
My hardwares are:
	CPU: pentium MMX 166MHz
	motherboard: MiTAC PH5400TX
		The specification is:
		Intel 430TX chipset
		Award BIOS
		4 PCI, 3 ISA
		2 DIMM sockets
	EIDE 3.2GB
	SCSI: Adaptec 1542CF
	vga card: trio64v+
Plan9 works on these hardwares except vga card.

Plan9 initially shows a message to add a data into vgadb.
I added a line:
        0xC0044="Phoenix S3 TRIO64V+ Enhanced VGA BIOS. Version 1.0" # Trio64V+
after the following lines in /lib/vgadb of updated version.
        0xC0044="Phoenix S3 TRIO32 Enhanced VGA BIOS. Version 1.3-08-12-57MHz"
        0xC0044="Phoenix S3 TRIO64 Enhanced VGA BIOS. Version 1.3-08"
        0xC0044="Phoenix S3 TRIO64 Enhanced VGA BIOS. Version 1.00-06"
        0xC0044="Phoenix S3 TRIO64 Enhanced VGA BIOS. Version 1.2-07"
After adding the line, Plan9 does not complain the lack of data.
However my display does not show any graphic data.
My configuration must be in fail.
I have expected trio64v+ is upward compatible to trio64,
but I don't know if it is really so or not.

Does someone know about this card and how to configure?

Kenji Arisawa
E-mail: arisawa@aichi-u.ac.jp