* [9fans] Adaptec 274x, 3Com 3c900 "boomerang", Matrox Millenium
@ 1998-01-15 17:05 Nigel
From: Nigel @ 1998-01-15 17:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

274x - that's the Vesa Local Bus controller. Is that right? If you meant
294x (PCI), then there is a glimmer of hope, in that I mounted a DOS
partition last night via a 2940UW controller. It'll be a time yet before
I ship.

Matrox Millenium - Matrox were not very forthcoming a time back, so "no
manual, no driver". I think they are more helpful now, so it needs
someone desperate enough to do the work. I'd go and buy a different
card...

The Plan 9 FTP site works for me.

In general though to install you need to build a new kernel, which
implies you have an already working machine. To this end I maintain a
nasty IDE drive in my machine to boot from.

@ 1998-01-15 17:23 elliott
From: elliott @ 1998-01-15 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Nigel Roles wrote:
> 274x - that's the Vesa Local Bus controller. Is that right? If you meant
> 294x (PCI), then there is a glimmer of hope, in that I mounted a DOS
> partition last night via a 2940UW controller. It'll be a time yet before
> I ship.

Whoops! You're right: I meant 294x. When you're ready for testers, let
me know.

One thing I really hate about PC hardware is all this variety...

--

@ 1998-01-15 15:33 elliott