* [9fans] AHA-1505?
@ 1998-01-28 16:36 elliott
From: elliott @ 1998-01-28 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Does anyone know if the AHA-1505 is compatible with the 154[02] that
adaptec.c supports? It's the nearest I've been able to find here in
Basel (judging by the name) --- if you don't want an AHA-2940 you're
pretty much out of luck.

The Matrox graphics cards are about your only choice too. Judging by the
likes of vgas3.c it's not difficult to add support for a new graphics
card (I imagine I could even use a software mouse cursor until I got
round to working out the graphics mouse cursor). Of course, I don't even
know what setpage is supposed to do, so I could be mistaken. I can't
remember forsyth ever finishing a sentence about PC graphics without a
complaint. Can anyone confirm/correct my view? I suppose I must be
missing something, or there would be more graphics drivers.

You'll have to forgive my complete ignorance of PC hardware; I've
managed to keep well clear of such things until now. It's just a shame
that finding the bits to get a PC running Plan 9 is so awkward.

--
Elliott Hughes - GeneData AG, Postfach 254, CH-4016 Basel, Switzerland
mailto:elliott.hughes@genedata.com  http://users.ch.genedata.com/~enh/

only message in thread, other threads:[~1998-01-28 16:36 UTC | newest]