* [9fans] porting
@ 1998-02-03  9:28 forsyth
From: forsyth @ 1998-02-03  9:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

some time ago there was some discussion of newer versions of Ghostscript.
has anyone ported a later version to Plan 9?
generally the current version does reasonably well, but there are some
things it won't handle.

* [9fans] porting
@ 1998-02-03 14:04 Rob
From: Rob @ 1998-02-03 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

The version of Ghostscript in our source tree  is 3.33.
What version is on the Plan 9 distribution?  I think it's
a little older; 3.2 sticks in my mind as the version.  The
program is now up to 5.1 and I've been meaning to
pull it in for some time, but haven't done so.  It's a
painful beast to get running in Plan 9, and I'd like to
do a much better job of integrating it this time, so
I've been stalling.

-rob

* [9fans] porting
@ 1998-02-03 12:02 forsyth
From: forsyth @ 1998-02-03 12:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

>>The version of Ghostscript in our source tree  is 3.33.
>>What version is on the Plan 9 distribution?  I think it's
>>a little older; 3.2 sticks in my mind as the version.

the README says
	* This file describes version 3.23 of Ghostscript. *