* [9fans] Welcome relief
@ 1998-02-09  8:27 Nigel
From: Nigel @ 1998-02-09  8:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

I tried to put up the Unix bootp on FreeBSD 2.2.5, and found
that the unixsrc version didn't compile. Accordingly I copied the
changes into the FreeBSD version and it still didn't work. The
reason is that the parser sees

vm="textp9  blah blah"

as three tokens,

vm
=
"textp9  blah blah"

It then tests for 'text' on the front of the third token, sees '"tes',
and fails to parse.

As far as I can see the unixsrc version has this problem as well.

Can anyone who uses this version point out my duff logic? I won't
insult the list by proposing a fix.

only message in thread, other threads:[~1998-02-09  8:27 UTC | newest]