* [9fans] Re: nfsserver
@ 1998-04-22  8:10 Lucio
From: Lucio @ 1998-04-22  8:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

According to Kenji Arisawa <arisawa@ar.aichi-u.ac.jp> :

> This time, I got more detailed messages on CPU server.
> The last message on CPU server is:
> getattr...xfroot: il!9fs...00@ar...no map for pair (il!9fs,
> ar)...error 70
>
> The messages seems to me that nfsserver has no data to map
> uid/gid from/to unix to/from 9fs.
>
> I have map configuration file:
> -------------- /lib/ndb/nfs --------
> !9fs tcp!ar
> .+  ar\.aichi-u\.ac\.jp  /n/ar/etc/passwd  /n/ar/etc/group
> ------------------------------------

The 00@ar is both better and worse than what I get, which is a 0@ with
no hostname.  You'll fare OK, I presume, if you drop the domain part
from your entry:

> .+  ar\.aichi-u\.ac\.jp  /n/ar/etc/passwd  /n/ar/etc/group

  .+  ar  /n/ar/etc/passwd /n/ar/etc/group

but I still wish I knew how to give nfsserver what it expects or
persuade it to work to these peculiarities.

Note, for the record, that using NetBSD, the mount succeeds, presumably
because no attribute request is performed at that point, and that
statfs requests likewise succeed.  Evidently, NFS is not as well
defined as one might expect it to be :-(
--
Lucio de Re (lucio@proxima.alt.za)
Disclaimer: I'm working at getting my opinions to agree with me.

* [9fans] Re: nfsserver
@ 1998-04-22  9:16 Kenji
From: Kenji @ 1998-04-22  9:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thank Lucio!
It worked!

>> I have map configuration file:
>> -------------- /lib/ndb/nfs --------
>> !9fs tcp!ar
>> .+  ar\.aichi-u\.ac\.jp  /n/ar/etc/passwd  /n/ar/etc/group
>> ------------------------------------
>
>The 00@ar is both better and worse than what I get,
>which is a 0@ with no hostname.
>You'll fare OK, I presume, if you drop the domain part
>from your entry:
>
>> .+  ar\.aichi-u\.ac\.jp  /n/ar/etc/passwd  /n/ar/etc/group
>
>  .+  ar  /n/ar/etc/passwd /n/ar/etc/group

OK. This is all what I did!
Thanks again!

Kenji Arisawa
E-mail:arisawa@aichi-u.ac.jp

* [9fans] Re: nfsserver
@ 1998-04-20 10:23 Kenji
From: Kenji @ 1998-04-20 10:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello 9fans!

forsyth@caldo.demon.co.uk says:
>i don't think u9fs running is relevant to your nfsserver problem.
>you can make nfsserver chattier, for instance
>	echo 8 >/srv/nfsserver.chat
>to cause it to put more detail in its logs.
>	echo 0 >/srv/nfsserver.chat
>to switch it off.  (check the file name by doing ls /srv first.)
>
>you can find some changes i made to nfsserver on my plan 9 software
page
>	http://www.caldo.demon.co.uk/plan9/soft/
>they might be useful once you get it working, but i'd be surprised
if
>any of those changes help your current problem; it looks more
fundamental.
Thank you for your advice.

I am rejected:
	echo 1 >/srv/nfsserver.chat
on CPU servers. I don't know the reason.
So I restarted nfsserver and portmapper.
	plan9% aux/nfsserver -v -a il!9fs -c /lib/ndb/nfs
	plan9% aux/portmapper -v

Mounting messages on unix side are:
	ar> /etc/mount -o soft,intr plan9:9fs /n/9fs
	mount: plan9:9fs on /n/9fs: Stale NFS file handle
	mount: giving up on:
  		/n/9fs

This time, I got more detailed messages on CPU server.
The last message on CPU server is:
getattr...xfroot: il!9fs...00@ar...no map for pair (il!9fs,
ar)...error 70

The messages seems to me that nfsserver has no data to map
uid/gid from/to unix to/from 9fs.

I have map configuration file:
-------------- /lib/ndb/nfs --------
!9fs tcp!ar
.+  ar\.aichi-u\.ac\.jp  /n/ar/etc/passwd  /n/ar/etc/group
------------------------------------
and unix passwd/group files can be really seen at the position
from the CPU server if "9fs tcp!ar" are executed.

Thanks,

Kenji Arisawa
E-mail: arisawa@aichi-u.ac.jp

* [9fans] Re: nfsserver
@ 1998-04-16  4:19 forsyth
From: forsyth @ 1998-04-16  4:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 1998-04-16  0:05 arisawa
From: arisawa @ 1998-04-16  0:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Oh! I have forgotton to write.
U9fs is already running.
The followings are my memo what I did on unix side:

[1] Register CPU server as a host

[2] Register bootes as user
1. password fle
2. home dir:
	/home/plan9/home/plan9/usr/bootes

[3] Permit to access from bootes
1. .rhosts:
	plan9.aichi-u.ac.jp	bootes

[4] Make u9fs enable
1. Register to /etc/inetd:
	u9fs stream tcp nowait root /usr/local/etc/u9fs u9fs /
2. Install u9fs

Thanks,

Kenji Arisawa
E-mail: arisawa@aichi-u.ac.jp