* [9fans] colors
@ 1998-04-24 11:34 Steve_Kilbane
From: Steve_Kilbane @ 1998-04-24 11:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

have you got more than one video card? IIRC, the bell labs team
couldn't get any docs out of sun on how the video cards should be
chosen, and so they just used the card in a specific slot. it's
mentioned in The Various Ports, but might be out of date.

steve

* [9fans] colors
@ 1998-04-24 11:14 Digby
From: Digby @ 1998-04-24 11:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have gotten around my pc/vga problems by getting my trusty old sun SS2
to network boot as a terminal server. This should at least give me
a system with known and standard hardware.

It looks fine, except that screen looks decidedly monochrome.
Is this normal. If is run fb/colors, I get a monochrome colour
table. When I run fb/getmap 9, which is supposed to be (according
to the docs) the default loaded at boot, it changes to showing
colours. fb/getmap bw changes back to what I saw after boot.

Is this a documentation error, or do I still have some hardware
config problem to track down?

Regards,
DigbyT
--