* [9fans] multiple-ethernet correction
@ 1998-09-07 20:52 Russ
From: Russ @ 1998-09-07 20:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all.  If you're trying to use David Butler's
multiple-ethernet kernels that I posted boddles
for a couple months ago, you might notice that you
can't access machines on the local network.  This
is because ipconfig isn't getting run by termrc/cpurc.

If you have a line similar to
	if(test -e /net/ether/clone) ip/ipconfig
in /rc/bin/^(cpurc termrc), you should change it to
	if(test -e /net/ether0/clone || test -e /net/ether/clone) ip/ipconfig
before attempting to use the new ethernet drivers.

Russ

* [9fans] multiple-ethernet correction
@ 1998-09-07 23:19 Kenji
From: Kenji @ 1998-09-07 23:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

> If you have a line similar to
> 	if(test -e /net/ether/clone) ip/ipconfig
> in /rc/bin/^(cpurc termrc), you should change it to
> 	if(test -e /net/ether0/clone || test -e /net/ether/clone) ip/ipconfig
> before attempting to use the new ethernet drivers.

And also need to tweak with bootp, because it has not option to set
ether device other than /dev/ether.

Kenji