* [9fans] CPU command
@ 1998-09-29 14:35 Franklin
From: Franklin @ 1998-09-29 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8, Size: 699 bytes --]

    I´m trying to use the CPU command through a CPU server (named pinduca)
and a terminal (named  mercurio). In the terminal prompt I type:

        term% cpu -h il!pinduca!17005

    And in the CPU server prompt I type nothing:

        pinduca%

    After I type <enter> in the terminal prompt, I receive the following
prompt:

        pinduca%

    And I´m logged at pinduca and I can see it´s  name space and not
mercurio´s name space. This is like Rlogin, but the Plan 9 manual says: the
mechanism is quite different from either remote login or network file
system access.

    What is wrong? Why the CPU command isn´t working correctly?

    Thanks.

Franklin.

* [9fans] CPU command
@ 1998-09-29 16:14 forsyth
From: forsyth @ 1998-09-29 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

just
	cpu -h pinduca
should be fine or
	cpu -h il!pinduca
to force il if /lib/ndb/local needs work and proto=il isn't in the cpu
server's entry.

>>   And I=B4m logged at pinduca and I can see it=B4s  name space and not
>>mercurio=B4s name space. This is like Rlogin, but the Plan 9 manual says:=

it is working correctly: the name space has been modified in several ways:
it is the cpu's name space but the terminal's name space is on /mnt/term;
furthermore bind has been used to put part of that before the cpu's
name space (see lib/profile's cpu case).  it also attempts
to put you back in the directory you were in at the time
(by name, not by anything clever).

try invoking 8-1/2 in that window, then make a window in the resulting
window manager's window and see what happens.  no eXcess required.