* [9fans] How I can set /rc/bin/window's font ?
@ 1998-10-24  3:49 okamoto
From: okamoto @ 1998-10-24  3:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sorry my brain damaged querry on font setting.
I was confused to get comprehensive understanding
of Plan 9 rc script.

Now, I can followup a news article by Japanese
(using ktrans) on Charles's rin.

The solution was very simple, ie., adding just one
line before the line of "inews/checkart..." of rin's
rincompose script.
The line to be added is:
	ktrans
:-).

Kenji

* [9fans] How I can set /rc/bin/window's font ?
@ 1998-10-23  5:48 okamoto
From: okamoto @ 1998-10-23  5:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Addition to my last mail.

Why acme can change font in each window?

Kenji

* [9fans] How I can set /rc/bin/window's font ?
@ 1998-10-23  5:35 okamoto
From: okamoto @ 1998-10-23  5:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

> But I don't think you can set the font
>on a per window basis.

This is my real problem.
I want to set a font(not default ) for Japanese input.
This is newly spawned window from Charles's rin
where I want to followup to someone by Japanese.

 (You could run, in a window,
another 8? with a different font

Hmmm...

Kenji

* [9fans] How I can set /rc/bin/window's font ?
@ 1998-10-23  4:56 Russ
From: Russ @ 1998-10-23  4:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

> > How I can run /rc/bin/window with font options
> > like -f /lib/font/bit/pelm/unicode.9.font?
>
> Do you not want to just set $font globally? If it is indeed an rc script,
> perhaps you could simply modify the shell script to test for an additional
> argument, like -f <fontfile>?

But even if you set the font environment variable,
8½ won't care.  If I'm remembering correctly, you
can set a font for your entire 8½ session by setting
font=whatever before you run 8½ or by invoking it
as 8½ -f fontfile.  But I don't think you can set the font
on a per window basis.  (You could run, in a window,
another 8½ with a different font, but that's not
what you want to do, I think.)

Russ

* [9fans] How I can set /rc/bin/window's font ?
@ 1998-10-23  4:50 James
From: James @ 1998-10-23  4:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

> How I can run /rc/bin/window with font options
> like -f /lib/font/bit/pelm/unicode.9.font?

Do you not want to just set $font globally? If it is indeed an rc script,
perhaps you could simply modify the shell script to test for an additional
argument, like -f <fontfile>?

Perhaps something like:

	if (~ $2 '-f' && ~ $3 *.font) {
		font=$3

		wloc=$1
		shift 3
		*=($wloc $*)
	}

At the beginning?  Not knowing what the script looks like, I'm just
guessing...

Jim

* [9fans] How I can set /rc/bin/window's font ?
@ 1998-10-23  3:31 okamoto
From: okamoto @ 1998-10-23  3:31 UTC (permalink / raw)