* [9fans] 2nd question on import/bind...
@ 1998-10-25  8:16 James
From: James @ 1998-10-25  8:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Several examples for import that I have seen show how a Datakit-only
machine can use another machine's TCP/IP connection:

	import -a kremvax /net
	echo 'add tcp' > /net/cs
	ftpfs prep.ai.mit.edu

What happens if another person does the same thing from their
terminal? Does kremvax somehow gateway both user's requests against
the ethernet device?

Jim

* [9fans] 2nd question on import/bind...
@ 1998-10-26 10:02 Bengt
From: Bengt @ 1998-10-26 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Several examples for import that I have seen show how a Datakit-only
> machine can use another machine's TCP/IP connection:

> What happens if another person does the same thing from their terminal?

should not be a problem. after all it is possible for several people to use tcp on the same machine.
so if these people are "remote" 9P users or local 9P users should not matter.

Best Wishes, Bengt
Everything aforementioned should be regarded as totally private
opinions, and nothing else. bengt@softwell.se
``His great strength is that he is uncompromising. It would make
him physically ill to think of programming in C++.''