* [9fans] 8wm wont start and term% is in green.
@ 1998-10-25 13:33 X3R0X
From: X3R0X @ 1998-10-25 13:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8, Size: 222 bytes --]

I installed Plan9 demo onto a 486 @ 25Mhz, when I run Plan9\B it loads
up and I log on as none but 8½ wont load and everything on the screen is
green, apart from that I seem to be able to run commands etc.

AK.

* [9fans] 8wm wont start and term% is in green.
@ 1998-10-25 18:43 James
From: James @ 1998-10-25 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I installed Plan9 demo onto a 486 @ 25Mhz, when I run Plan9\B it loads
> up and I log on as none but 8€ wont load and everything on the screen is
> green, apart from that I seem to be able to run commands etc.

It sounds to me like vga is unable to understand your video card
at the specified resolution. What do you have vgasize set to in
your plan9.ini file?  Try setting it to 640x480x1 as a first go.
If that works, you can use vga to determine if your card can
be supported in higher resolutions.

Take a look at

	http://www.fywss.com/plan9/info/steve/plan9.hints
	http://www.ecf.toronto.edu/plan9/info/vga