* [9fans] JISHO client for ndtp server
@ 1999-02-16 11:21 okamoto
From: okamoto @ 1999-02-16 11:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

I put a small dictionary look-up client program called JISHO
in our web page, http://basalt.cias.osakafu-u.ac.jp/plan9/index.html.

JISHO is a client program to browse various dictionaries of
Electric Book(Sony), such as Kenkyu-Sha's Reader's English-Japanese,
and Koujien(4th ed) for Japanese dictionary etc.

JISHO requires a ndtp server is running outside of the Plan 9
system.  In our environment, we are using 5 dictionaries, such
as the two above, and Japanese-English(Waei Chujiten), and
Oxford Concise English-Ebglish dictionaries.  All are 8cmφ CDROM
for Sony's Electric Book.

I know there is dict program in Plan 9 distribution.   However,
it's not easy to get many of dictionaries used in the program
to me., which forced to make another small dictionary look-up
utility inside the Plan 9 system.

This is quick hack for my private use, and to show my students
how it's easy to write a network client program on Plan 9 system. ^_^
Therefore, don't expect too much, however I suppose it can help
you to write English on your Plan 9 terminal.

Enjoy

Kenji

only message in thread, other threads:[~1999-02-16 11:21 UTC | newest]