* [9fans] JISHO for small dictionary browser
@ 1999-02-17  1:32 okamoto
From: okamoto @ 1999-02-17  1:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

I sent this yesterday night, but have not seen it yet.
I try to do once more.

I put a small program called JISHO to browse various
dictionaries on your Plan 9 terminals to our Plan 9
web page, http://basalt.cias.osakafu-u.ac.jp/plan9/index.html.

JISHO enables you to use many dictionaries selling from
Sony, Electric Book, as 8cm diameter CDs, where we are
using such as Koujien(4th ed., most famous Japanese Dictionary),
Reader's English-Japanese, Waie-Chujiten(both from Kenkyu-sha)
and Oxford Concise Dictionary.

JISHO requies a ndtp (Network Dictionary Transfer Protocol) server
is running outside the Plan 9 system.  You can reach the newest
version of this server from ftp://ftp.sra.co.jp/pub/net/ndtp/ndtpd.

JISHO is a quick hack to my private use, and to show my students
how easy it is to write a network client program in Plan 9
environment.   It composed of only 250 lines of C source, which
indicates it a skelton.  :-)
However, I hope it may help you to improve your English/Japanese
text to write on your Plan 9 terminals.

Enjoy

Kenji

only message in thread, other threads:[~1999-02-17  1:32 UTC | newest]