* [9fans] IL
@ 1999-03-12 21:52
From:  @ 1999-03-12 21:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Thanks Ed. You are correct. Now the server sends, after it receive a
message, a empty message to the client. It works.

    One more question: why the maximum size of a message in IL is 32750
bytes?

    Thanks.

Franklin.

* [9fans] il
@ 2001-11-21 10:38 erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2001-11-21 10:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

thanks to all who provided explinations about why il has
fallen out of favor.

just out of curiousity, has anyone done any benchmarks of
il v. tcp on very fast lans?

erik

* [9fans] IL
@ 1999-03-13  0:26 Ed
From: Ed @ 1999-03-13  0:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

IL has no flow control so you may be overflowing some system buffers.  It
is meant to be used in a ``request-response'' mode where the client waits
for a response from the server before another transmission.

Ed Wishart

* [9fans] IL
@ 1999-03-12 20:54
From:  @ 1999-03-12 20:54 UTC (permalink / raw)