* [9fans] plan 9 mail hub
@ 1999-03-25 18:47 ed
From: ed @ 1999-03-25 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks to Bobf and Jim Robinson I have mail working from my desk top
and going out through a plan9 compute server.  This is being sent from the
terminal.

Jim's suggestion of importing the /net heirarchy from the compute server
works.  The terminal's identy is still visible in the mail but the dance
that smtp<-->remote sendmail does works and the remote system sees the compute
server.

Bob's thoughts got me to thinking of how to process the mail queues by
the compute server and that also works.  My qmail file was:

#!/bin/rc
sender=$1
shift
addr=$1
shift
qer /mail/queue mail $sender $addr $* && { runq /mail/queue /mail/lib/remotemail</dev/null>/dev/null >[2=1] & exit 0}

which shows that the terminal is executing runq.  removing this from qmail and
putting it in a cron file on the compute server is the better way as one does
not have to remember the import command.  qmail mail is now:

#!/bin/rc
sender=$1
shift
addr=$1
shift
qer /mail/queue mail $sender $addr $*

and the cron file is from the man page on cron.

Thanks to all for your help.

ed

only message in thread, other threads:[~1999-03-25 18:47 UTC | newest]