* [9fans] Re: Brazil
@ 1999-04-23  5:01 okamoto
From: okamoto @ 1999-04-23  5:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ok, I've got it, and then, I'll wait the new release of Plan 9.

I hope you'll got success to manage to release it.

I have to improve my upas to deal with multipart mail etc.
though.  ;_;

Kenji

* [9fans] Re: Brazil
@ 1999-04-23  3:44 rob
From: rob @ 1999-04-23  3:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sadly, there is no 'patch for upas' that adds mime support.
Its violation of the simple old-fashioned model for mail
requires that we (that is, mostly presotto) largely rewrite
all our mail software.

-rob

* [9fans] Re: Brazil
@ 1999-04-23  1:09 okamoto
From: okamoto @ 1999-04-23  1:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

[no MIME headers intentionally :-)]

Thanks for your newest status information of Plan 9.

By the way, I suppose Brasil now support the MIME
convention which I really want to have also on our
system.  May I ask you to release the patch for upas?

I still wonder why the charset, only this!, is double
quated.  I know it's described so on RFC, however,
it sound strange to me.  Is there any solid reason to
use double quatation for it?

Kenji

* [9fans] Re: Brazil
@ 1999-04-21 13:55 rob
From: rob @ 1999-04-21 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

> When will Brazil be released?
Work continues on the system.  We want to make it something
worth the labor of releasing.  There is no schedule for, or even
guarantee of, release.  If it is released, it will probably be called
Plan 9.

> What are some new concepts introduced in Brazil?
Internally, there are many engineering changes.  It still feels
pretty much the same as Plan 9 to the user.  There is some
experimental work going on that may change that, but it's
too early to talk about.

> What will it be like?
That's a very good question.  We don't know yet.

-rob