* [9fans] plan9 redistribution
@ 2004-02-18 23:20 matt
From: matt @ 2004-02-18 23:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

if I do a google search for 'plan9 iso' I get

http://einstein.ssz.com/hangar18/plan9_image/

as the number 4 result

How does such distribution square with these terms :

--------------
A. Distributor may choose to distribute the Program in any form under this Agreement or
 under its own license agreement, provided that:

   1. it complies with the terms and conditions of this Agreement;
   2. if the Program is distributed in source code or other tangible form, a copy of this
Agreement or Distributor's own license agreement is included with each copy of the Program;
and

B. Each Distributor must include the following in a conspicuous location in the Program
:

    Copyright (C) 2003, Lucent Technologies Inc. and others. All Rights Reserved.

C. In addition, each Contributor must identify itself as the originator of its Contribution
in a manner that reasonably allows subsequent Recipients to identify the originator
of the Contribution. Also, each Contributor must agree that the additions and/or changes
are intended to be a Contribution. Once a Contribution is contributed, it may not thereafter
be revoked.
--------------

Can anyone just host plan9.iso without presenting an opportunity to read the license beforehand?

esp. the

--------------
Mandatory:
I acknowledge that

    * the software is not intended for use by a government end-user except those in the
 United States, Canada, the European Union, Australia, Norway, the Czech Republic, Hungary,
Poland, Japan, Switzerland, and New Zealand. (government end-users are defined in
part 772).
    * I understand that the cryptographic software is subject to export controls under
the Export Administration Regulations.
    * I understand that I cannot export the software without a license or other authorization.
    * I will not be using Plan 9 in the creation of weapons of mass destruction to be used
by nations other than the US.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-02-18 23:20 UTC | newest]