From: presotto@plan9.bell-labs.com
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] Origin of glenda, movies and dog food
Date: Tue,  8 Oct 2002 23:06:10 -0400	[thread overview]

It started long before Plan 9.  Why do you think our original Unix editor was
called 'ed'?

We're thinking of renaming acid, 'necromania'.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2123 bytes --]

From: "Skip Tavakkolian" <fst@centurytel.net>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] Origin of glenda, movies and dog food
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 19:14:19 -0400

A lot of us, outside of the Bell Labs, have speculated that there is a
game of association at play, with references (obvious and not so
obvious) to various Ed Wood movies as well as other cult classics.
Nobody is sure about this because the Labs guys have protected the
details of their inside joke better than the Pentagon protected their
invasion plans for Somalia.  There are several such pun/associations.
Have fun finding them for yourself.

BTW, anybody else consider the movie "Welcome to Woop Woop"
9-pun-worthy?