* Re: [9fans] [off topic favor] call for help with linux
@ 2002-11-18 13:48 Peter Bosch
From: Peter Bosch @ 2002-11-18 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> You, sir, are a masochist.

Come on, it is not that bad in kernel land.  But do stay away of
RPMs and stuff like that.

peter.

* Re: [9fans] [off topic favor] call for help with linux
@ 2002-11-19 10:11 ` Tom Lord
From: Tom Lord @ 2002-11-19 10:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Linux is a topic best addressed with tact.  And we all know where
that gets you.

Someone hand me a gun, please.
-t

* Re: [9fans] [off topic favor] call for help with linux
@ 2002-11-19  3:01 okamoto
From: okamoto @ 2002-11-19  3:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> far too many #ifdefs, my dear mozart.

I sometimes feel it may intend to protect us to read the sources.
Sorry, I'm kidding.

Kenji  --Mozart, yes it's for kid and most matured man ?

* Re: [9fans] [off topic favor] call for help with linux
@ 2002-11-18 15:54   ` Dan Cross
From: Dan Cross @ 2002-11-18 15:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> 	far to many #ifdefs, my dear mr manilow

That's okay, I think you meant, ``too.''  :-P

	- Dan C.

* Re: [9fans] [off topic favor] call for help with linux
@ 2002-11-18 15:07 ` George Michaelson
From: George Michaelson @ 2002-11-18 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans; +Cc: rsc

On Mon, 18 Nov 2002 09:52:10 -0500 "Russ Cox" <rsc@plan9.bell-labs.com> wrote:

> > Come on, it is not that bad in kernel land.
>
> you're right, it's not masochism-bad,
> but i wouldn't want to live there.
> far too many #ifdefs, my dear mozart.

I think you meant

	far to many #ifdefs, my dear mr manilow

or

	far to many #ifdefs, my dear liberace.

-George

* Re: [9fans] [off topic favor] call for help with linux
@ 2002-11-18 14:52 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-11-18 14:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2002-11-17 20:06   ` Ronald G. Minnich
From: Ronald G. Minnich @ 2002-11-17 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Sun, 17 Nov 2002, Dan Cross wrote:

> You, sir, are a masochist.

He's also a realist.

only 1/2 :-)

ron

* Re: [9fans] [off topic favor] call for help with linux
@ 2002-11-17 20:02 ` Dan Cross
From: Dan Cross @ 2002-11-17 20:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

You, sir, are a masochist.

	- Dan C.

* [9fans] [off topic favor] call for help with linux
@ 2002-11-17  6:14 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-11-17  6:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

i am trying to hack on a linux kernel (don't ask)
and am having a hell of a time getting it to do basic
things like run my debugging print statements.

if you are a linux kernel guru (i.e., you understand
arch/i386/kernel/entry.S, where my real problems
lie) and don't mind my picking your brain for a few
minutes, please email me directly.

thanks.
russ