* [9fans] Plan9 on a powerbook
@ 2004-04-27 18:47 esoriano
From: esoriano @ 2004-04-27 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello, I'm a newbie and it's my first message to the list.

While searching how to configure plan9 on a apple tibook 550 (old powerbook model) with Virtual PC 6, I found this message from 9fans list:

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=Pine.3.89.10205160756.A7269-0100000%40post.cis.smu.edu&oe=UTF-8&output=gplain

This modeline DOESN'T work. We have tried with this one in vgadb:

include=1152x768					#Titanium 550 (Apple esoriano)
	defaultclock=75
	shb=1096 ehb=1232 ht=1344
	shs=1072
	vrs=771 vre=777 vt=806
	hsync=- vsync=-

It works ok. It's the same modeline that it uses for 1024x768 (i think that it has no sense for a real monitor, but it works fine for Virtual PC).
The network works fine (at 10Mbps) using the 2114x driver,

Cheers,
Quique.

PD: Sorry, my English is little.

* Re: [9fans] Plan9 on a powerbook
@ 2004-04-27 19:12 Ben Huntsman
From: Ben Huntsman @ 2004-04-27 19:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I've had no problem running Plan 9 straight from the CD under VPC6, running under MacOSX 10.3 on my iBook... it works for me... take a look at the init stuff for that kernel.  However, the 9pcflop kernel used to install from the cd doesn't work, and the install always crashes when I tried to install to the VPC hard drive...