* Re: [9fans] Resources for newbies
@ 2002-09-30 10:40 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-09-30 10:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> google might not have pulled up. Like newbie tips (sam is even more of a
> nightmare to me than vi was back in the day - I can't even figure out
> how to quit, though that may be because it's 3:30AM), or just general

The wiki at http://plan9.bell-labs.com/wiki/plan9
is your friend.  Also, read through the acme
and rio tutorials that appear on your screen when you log
in as glenda.

Russ

* [9fans] Resources for newbies
@ 2002-09-30  7:25 Munish Chopra
From: Munish Chopra @ 2002-09-30  7:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I've tried to avoid one of these typical newbie messages, but I'm afraid
that even though I'm pretty solid with FreeBSD I feel like a complete
idiot in front of my plan9 box.

I've checked through the archives and seen that the best advice around
for people new to all of this seems to be to read the introductory
articles at http://plan9.bell-labs.com/sys/doc/ as well as the intro man
pages for the various man sections. I'm about to embark on this task,
but I would still like to check if anyone has other resources that
google might not have pulled up. Like newbie tips (sam is even more of a
nightmare to me than vi was back in the day - I can't even figure out
how to quit, though that may be because it's 3:30AM), or just general
papers that outline things so they make sense.

Anyway, I'd appreciate any resources you could throw my way.

Thanks.

--
Munish Chopra