* Re: [9fans] sntp
@ 2002-09-16  0:20 presotto
From: presotto @ 2002-09-16  0:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

The
	-s /net
option to aux/timesync causes it to not only sync off another
ntp source (or local clock) but also to serve ntp requests over
the standard UDP port.

You can point all your other systems at the one running
aux/timesync -s /net.

An sntp client is just a lobotomised ntp client.  We don't
have one, just use timesync or write your own.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1583 bytes --]

From: Andrew <afrayedknot@thefrayedknot.armory.com>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] sntp
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 16:53:59 -0700

Just curious is there a way to run an sntp server from plan9? I want
to have one of my cpu servers run timesync and then have all the other
systems sync off of it. Or is there already a method for this already
around I overlooked? thanks

Andrew

* [9fans] sntp
@ 2002-09-15 23:53 Andrew