* [9fans] anybody have the latest hugs port?
@ 2008-11-17  5:11 Fernan Bolando
From: Fernan Bolando @ 2008-11-17  5:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hi all

Anybody have the latest hugs port?
I looked through some changelog from andrey port to the latest Sept2006.
There doesnt seem to be much of an update that I actually need, but I
wanted to ask incase I decide to update andreys port.

As an update I ported the vscm a R4RS bytecode scheme/lisp. I also
updated the umb-scheme port to support sparse matrix. Not really
tested to do anything, but it compiles under ape :)

fernan

--
http://www.fernski.com

* Re: [9fans] anybody have the latest hugs port?
@ 2008-11-20  1:08 ` Juan M. Méndez
From: Juan M. Méndez @ 2008-11-20  1:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fernanbolando; +Cc: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

>Anybody have the latest hugs port?
>I looked through some changelog from andrey port to the latest Sept2006.
>There doesnt seem to be much of an update that I actually need, but I
>wanted to ask incase I decide to update andreys port.

>As an update I ported the vscm a R4RS bytecode scheme/lisp. I also
>updated the umb-scheme port to support sparse matrix. Not really
>tested to do anything, but it compiles under ape :)

Hi Fernan,

Where is your port of the R4RS scheme, and the umb-scheme.
I'd like to test it.

Juan

* Re: [9fans] anybody have the latest hugs port?
@ 2008-11-20  5:06   ` Fernan Bolando
From: Fernan Bolando @ 2008-11-20  5:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Juan M. Méndez; +Cc: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On 11/20/08, Juan M. Méndez <vejeta@gmail.com> wrote:

>>Anybody have the latest hugs port?
>>I looked through some changelog from andrey port to the latest Sept2006.
>>There doesnt seem to be much of an update that I actually need, but I
>>wanted to ask incase I decide to update andreys port.
>
>>As an update I ported the vscm a R4RS bytecode scheme/lisp. I also
>>updated the umb-scheme port to support sparse matrix. Not really
>>tested to do anything, but it compiles under ape :)
>
> Hi Fernan,
>
> Where is your port of the R4RS scheme, and the umb-scheme.
> I'd like to test it.
>
> Juan

cool! It's in my contrib
http://netlib.bell-labs.com/sources/contrib/fernan/. If you want the
originals try fgb's port. I hope it works for you.

if anybody wants the latest sep2006 hugs port, I have that too. I wont
be posting it just yet as it's still not a very clean install. heheh
actually non of my ports are clean install :)

I no longer took the non-destructive porting approach that Andrey took
with the original port. My poor scripting abilities was giving me
problems with the library install.

fernan

--
http://www.fernski.com