* Re: [9fans] Guide to using Acme effectively? too many spaces
@ 2009-07-14  0:29 Fernan Bolando
       [not found] ` <6ccaf3bc810099bbc427809490020b42@quanstro.net>
From: Fernan Bolando @ 2009-07-14  0:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I usually get in a situation like the one below, when I forget to
format my file with carriage return in acme. It doesn't happen that
often, but I was wondering if anybody has some method in there usage
of acme to avoid it completely.

--- In acme it will look like ----------------------------------
1 - this is the firstline
2 - this is the second line

--- if I use vi --------------------------------------------------------------
1 - this is the firstline
 2 this is the second line

fernan
--
http://www.fernski.com

* Re: [9fans] Guide to using Acme effectively? too many spaces
@ 2009-07-14  2:38 ` erik quanstrom
       [not found] ` <6ccaf3bc810099bbc427809490020b42@quanstro.net>
From: erik quanstrom @ 2009-07-14  2:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fernanbolando, 9fans

> I usually get in a situation like the one below, when I forget to
> format my file with carriage return in acme. It doesn't happen that
> often, but I was wondering if anybody has some method in there usage
> of acme to avoid it completely.

it's tempting to claim the solution is to not use vi.

do you really mean that you wish \r\n (cr nl) but
only have \n?  or do you mean something else?
which version of acme are you using?

- erik

@ 2009-07-14 10:47   ` Fernan Bolando
From: Fernan Bolando @ 2009-07-14 10:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 10:38 AM, erik quanstrom<quanstro@quanstro.net> wrote:
>> I usually get in a situation like the one below, when I forget to
>> format my file with carriage return in acme. It doesn't happen that
>> often, but I was wondering if anybody has some method in there usage
>> of acme to avoid it completely.
>
> it's tempting to claim the solution is to not use vi.
>
> do you really mean that you wish \r\n (cr nl) but
> only have \n?  or do you mean something else?
> which version of acme are you using?
>
> - erik

Please ignore this email. I got confused with the word wrapping.

I apologize for the noise.

fernan

--
http://www.fernski.com