* Re: [9fans] Re: ahoi.. well would you help me out?
@ 2004-02-12  5:34   ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2004-02-12  5:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> 1: would you correct the cd boot loader so that in case it recognizes the cd
> az sdD1 it wouldn't try to boot sdD0!cdboot!9pcflop.gz

you can do that from plan9.ini once you've fixed your other booting
problems.

> 3: I am working on the boot problem now, but I will also need info how to
> setup an adsl connection with plan9. is it possible? In every installation
> guide there's a section how to set up networking, but not a single line on
> how to set up an adsl connection.
> Thnx

adsl is the same as other networking -- if you have a static IP
address you tell it as arguments to ipconfig, if your adsl provider
does dhcp you uncomment "ip/ipconfig" in termrc or cpurc (termrc if
you've just installed, cpurc if you're building a "proper" plan9
network).

as for the booting: you have more than one OS on that machine,
right?  if you're using LILO there are plenty of hints in the archives
on how to set it up.  If you're using a different boot loader you may
have to give the list a bit more information about it before somebody
shows up with a solution :)

andrey

* [9fans] Re: ahoi.. well would you help me out?
       [not found] <4028C0630000C5BF@gsp02-c03d4.vodafone.hu>
@ 2004-02-12  6:13 ` boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2004-02-12  6:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bituman; +Cc: 9fans

forwarded.  there are people who know more about it than me.

From: 9nut @ 2004-02-12  8:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>> 3: I am working on the boot problem now, but I will also need info how to
>> setup an adsl connection with plan9. is it possible? In every installation
>> guide there's a section how to set up networking, but not a single line on
>> how to set up an adsl connection.
>> Thnx
>
> adsl is the same as other networking -- if you have a static IP
> address you tell it as arguments to ipconfig, if your adsl provider
> does dhcp you uncomment "ip/ipconfig" in termrc or cpurc (termrc if
> you've just installed, cpurc if you're building a "proper" plan9
> network).

I'm wondering if the original question is about PPPoE as in
directly hooking to an ADSL modem. In that case ip/pppoe
does what is needed.