* Re: [9fans] New Jersey: Plan 9 and Inferno meeting
@ 2004-07-10  1:37 Herbert B. Hancock
From: Herbert B. Hancock @ 2004-07-10  1:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I was wondering from Dan's last email, how many Plan 9 users are in the NJ area?  Of course, this is where it began but Bell Labs (Lucent) is not what is was unfortunately.  I work at Rutgers and use Plan 9 and Inferno and wonder if there would be enough interest to hold a one day conference here on recent developments.  How do you use the OS?  We're using Inferno from VitaNuova for a grid for Humanities departments here and some people may be interested in it.  It is nice.

I can get a lecture hall to hold 100 people in the library and will be willing to organize the event.  The hall has an overhead projector and you can use your laptop, it's just DHCP.

If there's any interest, please let me know.  We can try for late fall or early next spring.

Regards,
Brian

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-07-10  1:37 UTC | newest]